Date issued: 19th March 2020
With the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are actively monitoring the situation by following Government guidelines and available information about the virus. As always, the health and safety of our workforce is a top priority. Any decisions made regarding the Coronavirus will be made based on recommendations given by the Government.
We are heavily reliant on the actions of main contractors on individual sites with regard the provision of hand washing facilities and regular welfare facility cleaning.
At present, to minimise the risk of spreading the virus:
- We are avoiding face to face meetings (including training) unless deemed business critical.
- We will only be participating in morning briefings if they take place outside in the open air.
- We have discussed the importance of good hygiene with all of our workforce, most importantly recommending washing hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, and encourage it to be done regularly.
- We have advised any of our workers who have a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to stay home and follow Government advice.
- Where we are in control of materials we are trying to stockpile main components to avoid potential future shortages.
The rate and extent of infection to our management and workforce is impossible to predict and therefore we are unable to accurately ascertain the impact to our operational effectiveness in the upcoming future.
We will continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis and will inform of any significant changes if they are to occur.